Lulas Reachad (Stuffed squid in tomato sauce)
Lulas Reachad has its origins from Portugal, and has traveled into their colonies over time.
Each region has it's own variations of the original, with different ingredients added for the stuffing and the sauce.
This variation is from Goa, India, one of the former Portuguese Colonies.
4 medium squid tubes cleaned (if using frozen thaw at room temperature 30 minutes.)
1 large onion finely chopped
1 large tomato finely chopped
1 bunch cilantro washed and chopped
1~2 green chillies de-seeded and finely chopped
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon cumin powder
2 tablespoon oil For Sauce
1 small can tomato puree or 1 can chopped tomato
3 tablespoon oil Pepper powder to taste Salt to taste
Tooth picks to close the stuffed squid
1. Wash and clean squid tubes
2. Prepare all other ingredients
3. Add oil to pan, or skillet, add ingredients and stir constantly until they look dry. Remove from fire into bowl.
4. Stuff the squid tubes and close with toothpick
5. Heat oil in pan, add tomato base and fry lightly until oil splits Add water (for a thinner sauce)6.Add salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes 7.Squid Options ** The stuffed squid may be added to the sauce and cooked, or pan fried and added to the sauce. 8.Serve
Share recipe on