This dish is usually a staple with most coastal Kerala people. As it's simple and easy to make, most households prepare this dish during lunchtime.
Fish Molee can be enjoyed with Rice or Appams (steamed rice-flour and coconut pancakes) and is most always served at room temperature.
4 Fillets of King Fish or Tuna. (usually firm flesh fish is used, but you can substitute fish with prawn as well)
1 Large Onion sliced fine
2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
1 Thumb sized piece of ginger sliced fine
1 14 Oz can of coconut milk
Handful of Indian Curry Leaves (OPTIONAL 2 Green Chillies sliced fine)
1 bunch Cilantro chopped roughly
4 tablespoons Coconut Oil Salt to taste (add salt ONLY after the dish is completed)
1. Wash and clean fish/prawn
2. Add oil to deep skillet on medium heat
3. Add mustard seeds, allow to splutter lightly, add ginger and fry lightly until aroma arises.
4. Add onions and fry until translucent
5. Add other spice powders Add coconut milk and gently bring to boil and begins to thicken (If too thick, add a bit of water to it)
6. Add Curry leaves and green chilies (optional)
7. Add fish fillets and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes, depending on type of fish/prawn used. 8.Remove from heat, sprinkle cilantro over the dish. Serve
Share recipe on