Native to most parts of India with different variations and spices, this recipe is created by me over the years.
400 grams of young potato or baby potatoes
2 medium onions (minced)
15 grams of cumin powder
10 grams of dry mango powder or juice of one lemon
10 grams of spice mix* (garam masala)
10 grams of dried cumin seeds
2 bunch of fresh coriander (cilantro) washed and chopped roughly.
30 grams of oil, Salt to taste
1. Wash and dry the potatoes
2. Bring 1 saucepan of water to boil, add 1 teaspoon of salt. Add potatoes and boil until tender.
3. Remove potato from hot water, and soak in cold water for 2 minutes. Remove and drain.
4. Add oil to pan or skillet, and bring to medium heat. Add minced onion, and spices to oil and fry until oil separates.
5. Add cumin seeds and fry lightly.
6. Bring pan to high heat, add potatoes and fry, coating the potato with the spice mix.
7. Lower flame, and simmer for 2/3 minutes stirring occasionally. Put off flame.
8. Add chopped coriander(cilantro) and stir lightly into the potato.
9. Add lemon juice (if not using dry mango powder)
Share recipe on