A popular street food in India, Kheema or Keema Pav is a robust, peppery curry dish made with minced chicken or lamb cooked with onion, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and earthy spices! Served with lightly toasted buns or pav laden with butter or homemade ghee on the griddle makes a blissful meal!
500 grams minced mutton (kheema)
1 cup green peas
2 tablespoons Saffola oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1-1/2-inch ginger piece, chopped
10 garlic cloves, chopped
2 green chillies, minced
3 medium onions, chopped
4 large tomatoes, pureed
1-1/2 tablespoons coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon jeera powder
2 teaspoons red chilli powder
salt to taste
1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
4 whole wheat pav
1. Place the mutton mince in a bowl, add one cup water and mix, breaking the lumps as you mix.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick wok. Stir in cumin seeds till they are browned. Once brown add ginger and garlic- saute till browned.
3. Add green chilies and onions and saute till it is well browned.
4. Add the tomato puree and saute for four to five minutes.
5. Add coriander powder, cumin powder and mix.
6. Add a little water to the red chili powder and mix it well to make a paste
7. Add one tablespoon of this paste in the wok. Saute for two to three minutes or till the oil begins to separate
Share recipe on