Clay Oven Chicken Tandoori Wings
Tender Smoked Baby Tandoori Chicken Wings with Indian Spicy Marination cooked on red charcoal or Oven.
2 pounds raw chicken wings or approximately 32 wings
3/4 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 to 2 teaspoons garam masala
1 to 2 tablespoons kashmiri red chili powder
1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves optional
1 inch ginger
8 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons cilantro chopped, optional for garnish
1. Trim as much skin off of the wings as possible. I use kitchen sheers for this.
2. Make fine paste on ginger and garlic using a tablespoon of of water.
3. Combine all ingredients (except cilantro) in a bowl and marinate wings for at least 1 hour or longer.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degree. Line up wings on a greased grilling rack. Place the rack on top of the baking tray to catch all teh drippings.
5. Bake the wings for about 20-25 mins (in a convection oven) or up to 40 mins otherwise. Wings can also be cooked on a preheated outdoor grill.
6. Serve hot with garnish of chopped cilantro.** Add more or less garam masala and red chili powder depending on how spicy you like them
Share recipe on