The Chicken version of Tagine completes the Moroccon Trio! This dish is aromatic, savory and a luxurious blend of Spices, Vegetables and Chicken!
1 Kg Chicken pieces (Bone in Preferred)
1 tbs Olive Oil
1 clove of garlic
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ginger
1 tsp white pepper
Salt to taste
2 round zucchini
A large tomato
Dried zaatar (thyme or oregano)
1. In a salad bowl, put all the spices and the crushed garlic with a drizzle of oil and half a glass of water.
2. Marinate the chicken pieces in it for at least 30 minutes (Overnight is ideal)
3. Brown the chopped onion in a drizzle of olive oil, arrange the pieces of marinated chicken on top, then the vegetables, well washed and cut to preference.
4. Add a little water to the remaining marinade and pour the mixture over the preparation.
5. Put some dried zaatar leaves in the center of the tagine, and cover Cook over low heat for about 1 hour, the tagine is ready when the vegetables are very tender.
6. Finally add the olives (and candied lemon if you have them), close the tagine, simmer for another 10 minutes.
7. Serve with bread or rice.
Share recipe on