Shrimps & grits
Take a stroll down south with this tradition southern cuisine, originally served for breakfast. This dish is comfort food at its finest. Subtle pops of zest thanks to the lemon marry with the creamy cheese sauce that is perfection. This dish will bring new meaning to an Home-cooked-meal
4 cups water
Salt and pepper
1 cup stone-ground grits
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
6 slices bacon, chopped
4 teaspoons lemon juice
½ tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 cup thinly sliced scallions
1 large clove garlic, minced
1. Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
3. Rinse shrimp and pat dry.
4. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; drain well.
5. In grease, add shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink. Add lemon juice, chili powder, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes. Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.
Share recipe on