Shakshouka is a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, chili peppers, and onions, and different herbs. it's very famous in the whole middle eastern area but we claim that it's Egyptian!
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion thinly diced
3 garlic glove thinly diced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
½ teaspoon cayenne
1 can whole plum tomatoes with juices
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
5 ounces’ feta cheese crumbled
6 large eggs
Chopped cilantro for serving
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
2. Add onion and Cook gently until very soft, about 10 minutes.
3. Add garlic and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Stir in cumin, paprika and cayenne, and cook 1 minute.
5. Pour in tomatoes and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
6. Simmer until tomatoes have thickened, about 10 minutes.
7. Stir in crumbled feta.
8. Gently crack eggs into skillet over tomatoes.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Cover the skillet for 7 to 10 minutes until all is set & ready.
11. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Share recipe on