On a cold Karachi Night, You can find the smell of roasting coal, and street vendors cooking this crowd favorite in Pakistan. Packed with tons of Spices, the dish is a staple for a true Pakistani outing.
300gm Cooking Oil
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic (Crushed)
1Kg Mutton OR Lamb
Salt To taste
For 25 gr of Garam Masalah:
2 to 3 cinnamom stick
1 Tbsp Red Chili crushed
1 Tbsp Red chili Powder
4-5 Green Chili (slice in to 2 pcs)
3 cup Water
fresh coriander leaf chopped.
1. In a cooking pan OR Wok, add cooking oil, ginger garlic paste and fry 1 minute, then add meat and tomatoes and fry for 5-7 minutes on high heat.
2. Add salt, red chili, crushed red chili, cumin, whole gram masala and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add water, and cook on medium heat 35 to 40 minutes OR until meat tender.
4. Add Yogurt and cook for 5 minutes on high heat until your meat and masala release the Oil.
5. Now your tasty mutton karahi is ready to serve.
6. Garnish with green chili, green coriander, ginger and serve with Nan or chapati Bread.
Share recipe on