Posta negra cartagenera
Posta Negra is a great dish from Cartagena, on the coast of Colombia. This is a unique meat recipe, but has multiple variations across the city. Each family has its own secrets. I am sharing mine with you here!
1 Topside beef without fat (1 kilo approx)
5 cloves garlic, chopped or 3 tablespoons garlic paste
2 white onions finely chopped
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce or browning sauce
2 tablespoons grated panela or brown sugar (muscovado)
1/2 cup red wine, dark beer or Coca-Cola
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
100 mililitres oil
3 cups beef broth
2 tablespoons plain flour
1. Prepare a mixture with garlic, onion, black sauce, brown sugar, wine, vinegar, salt and pepper.
2. In a bowl put the meat and add the mixture to marinate for at least 8 hours. Leave in the fridge.
3. In a large pot heat oil and add the meat and brown on all sides until it turns a light golden colour.
4. Then place the meat in a baking pan and add 2 cups beef broth and cover with foil.
5. Place the tray in the oven for 1 hour at 180º Celsius - 350º Fahrenheit of temperature or gas mark 4.
6. Then remove the meat on a plate and let stand for a few minutes.
7. Dissolve 2 tablespoons of flour in cold water.
8. In another pot add the remaining marinade mixture, another cup of broth and the dissolved flour.Mix well and let simmer until it gets thick.
9. Cut the meat into slices and serve with the sauce, accompanied with coconut rice-titote and salad.
Share recipe on