The other day, I watched a Tasty video about how to make fluffy eggs, and it has forever changed how I will cook eggs. Beating egg whites separately from the yolk makes this omelette light-as-a-feather. My mediterranean omelette is a joyful cacophony of flavors and textures. The intense heat of the chili garlic sauce is chilled with the sour creaminess of the créme fraîche, while the basil and sun dried tomatoes add an intentionally Italian touch. Speedy to cook, and even quicker to whip up, my Tasty-inspired Mediterranean Omelette with a Kick will boost your breakfast cred!
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 eggs, separated
2 tbsp créme fraîche
1 tsp chili garlic sauce
2 large sundried tomatoes, minced
4 basil leaves, thin chiffonade
1 tbsp grana padano cheese, coarsely ground
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
1) Crack 2 eggs, separating yolk from white in separate bowls.
2) Add créme fraîche, chili garlic sauce, sun dried tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper to the yolks. Mix well.
3) Whisk egg whites for several minutes until very foamy.
4) Very gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture, so as to maintain foamy texture.
5) Heat oil in a small, non-stick pot over low heat.
6) Once oil is very hot, quickly pour egg mixture into pot.
7) Cook over a low flame until the edges look cooked.
8) Place lid over pot for at least 5 minutes, or until set.
9) Using a spatula, gently scrape sides of omelette, in order to begin releasing from pan.
10) Taking a plate, quickly flip over pot, to reveal golden brown side of omelette.
11) Sprinkle over parsley and a drizzle of créme fraîche (thinned with some milk) if desired.
12) Serve hot
Share recipe on