Green Eggs with No Ham
Taking a cue from Dr. Seuss, my Green Eggs with No Ham is a fun and healthy twist to your weekend breakfast! Lightly fried sunny side eggs placed upon a smooth kale pesto, sharp asiago, and moments of spicy heat. Green Eggs and No Ham are sure to kickstart a great day; simple enough for one, and fancy enough to impress your friends!
For the Pesto:
4 cups kale, washed and spun
2 cloves garlic
4 oz plain goat cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste.
For the Eggs:
2 eggs, sunny side up and lightly fried
1 tbsp butter
Shaved asiago cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
8-10 drops chili sauce
1) Begin by making the pesto. Pour olive oil into a blender or food processor with roughly chopped garlic.
2) Add in kale, one cup at a time, to ensure a homogenous, smooth mixture.
3) Add salt, pepper, and goat cheese.
4) Add in any extra olive oil needed to create a smooth, spreadable sauce. Set aside.
5) In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
6) When completely melted and bubbling, crack two eggs over the pan. Immediately sprinkle a generous pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper over the eggs, to your taste.
7) While eggs are cooking, shave a several 2 inch shreds of asiago cheese using a vegetable peeler. Set aside.
8) Once egg whites are set, smear kale pesto in two vertical lines, each line containing about 2 tablespoons of pesto.
9) place a 2-3 pieces of shaved asiago on one end of each smear.
10) Carefully place each egg on the opposite end of each smear.
11) Carefully drip 4-5 drops of your favorite chili sauce over each egg, and enjoy!
Share recipe on