Turkish Baked Rice Pudding (Fırın Sütlaç)
Fırın Sütlaç is a traditional dessert that goes back to Ottoman Empire. Its a dessert which is fullfilling and has all the nutritive values with rice and milk. And the golden brown crisp add the the dishes charm!
1.5 liter whole fat milk
180 gr rice
10gr vanillia essence
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
A pinch of salt
1. Wash the rice with cold water and put in a large saucepan
2. Add 500ml milk and simmer it while mixing. Cook until the rice is cooked (15 minutes).
3. Add the cornstarch to the remaining milk while its cold and mix it until its smooth
4. Add the mixture in the saucepan and add sugar,vanilla essence. Mix it gently and simmer the mixture while reducing the milk for about 11 minutes or untill the milk thickens.
5. Set oven to maximum degree 250 c and fill the ovenproof dessert cups with rice pudding.
6. Place the cups in a pan, and fill it with cold water, until it covers half of the cups. Place it in the oven.
7. After 8-9 minutes later take the pudding out and let it cool. Serve it cold or warm
Share recipe on